This page is for any campaigns, protests, and events connected to Stonehenge, and the people who support and love the stones.
Drive to Survive Campaign
The Police Bill is the single biggest threat to the traditional way of life of Romany Gypsies and Irish Travellers in our life time. If passed it will:
- Entirely eradicate nomadic life in Britain,
- Give police the power to seize Gypsy and Traveller homes
- Fine Gypsies and Travellers up to £2500
- AND imprison those needing to follow a nomadic way of life because of a lack of safe legal stopping places
The drive to survive campaign is a coalition of Romany Gypsy, Irish Traveller and Roma activists and community organisations who are determined to use peaceful protest and civil disobedience to highlight this threat to the freedoms of all people. If we join together we can make Priti Patel and Boris Johnson think again about their intention to eradicate a way of life that is many hundreds of years old.
Throughout the Summer and Autumn of 2021 we need your help to stop this racist attempt to culturally cleanse Gypsies, Roma and Travellers from the British landscape.
Because we are a collection of activists with no charity, we have no funding to do this campaign. We desperately need your help to pay for:
- mobile phone and internet
- horse shoes and horse feed!
- Please pledge what you can to help us reach our £3,000 target by June 12th.
For more information on the Bill and why you should contribute to the campaign to stop it see: